Think you’ve seen Agave? Think again!
So great they decided not to move!
Contact Listing Agent: Eileen Gill, Broker, REALTOR®, GRI
Where would you least expect to find a Modern Farmhouse? In Austin’s award winning modernist neighborhood, Agave–that’s where. But you sure will be happy you did!
Home to “television’s original home stager” (the designer on A & E’s “Sell This House” for 10 seasons), Roger Hazard, and his husband, Chris, this gorgeous home will put a smile on your face. Taking the blank canvas that the community of Agave provides, Roger and Chris created a super-cozy environment that draws you in and makes you never want to leave! There’s nothing left to do here—this truly is a “move-in ready” home.
The upgrades in this home–which was recently featured on Apartment Therapy–are numerous, to say the least! A picture speaks a thousand words or so they say, so see for yourself. VIDEO TOUR The home’s original blank canvas provided Roger with a place to work his magic. And magical this home is! “Mr. Ed”-style doors on the bedrooms upstairs let in light but keep out pups or toddlers; a “board and batten” wall treatment that runs throughout the common areas breaks up large walls and fills the space with a sense of place. The customization of every room in the house is unspeakably striking–nothing was left untouched by the hands of this creative pair! Window treatments, custom pulls, California closets, lighting fixtures, designer paint…and the landscaping!!! Oh, the landscaping and hardscape! Roger’s degree in landscape architecture was put to great use in the formerly sparse lot. The outdoor spaces are creative as it gets! From the “Texas Custom Turf” yard, to the inventive use of native plants and spatial creation of many different outdoor living areas, you will adore this little slice of heaven, just a few miles east of Downtown Austin!
Features at a glance:
- Designed by FAB Architecture
- 3 bedrooms/2.5 baths
- 1531sf (appraiser)
- polished concrete floors downstairs
- bamboo floors up
- open floor plan for entertaining
- California Closet in master bedroom
- Two covered outdoor living areas–one adjacent to the master with downtown views
- Fully fenced–including front area with gated drive
- 24 commercial-grade Rhino Gherkin windows
- Stainless steel appliances
- custom window treatments throughout
- designer paint and wall treatments
- custom jute stair runner
- carport plus extra storage
- Cesarstone countertops in kitchen and baths
- dual zone A/C with programmable thermostats
- security system
- programmable irrigation system front and rear